so, here you are, reading my blog cos you have nothing better to do.. right? wrong. here is a tutorial on how to make your own perfect perfume. do you like the smell of ginger and cinnamon? so put them together for a feisty scent.. whichever herbs you choose to use, it will be a great way to spend your time!
what you will need:
- herbs that smell nice- whichever herbs you want your perfume to smell like go in!
- carrier oil (if you dont know what this is, search it up, or visit http://www.aromaweb.com/articles/whatcarr.asp )
- a glass jar- you will need one for each herb you are using
- sticky labels
- a large pot
- an empty perfume bottle (get very cheap prices from ampulla.co.uk )
- put the herbs you have chosen in the jars. only put one herb in each jar
- submerge the herbs completely in the carrier oil you have chosen.
- close the lids of the jars and place the jars in boiling water (covered by water, standing in the pan) for 10 minutes.
- store the jars in a dark and cool place for 3 weeks
- decide on how you are going to combine the different scents.
- place a cloth or some kirchen paper over your perfume bottles and carefully pour the desired scents into the bottle to filter the herbs out of the mixture.
- label your bottles so that you know which bottle carries which scent.