here are 5 different christmasy decorations you can make easily!
1. Wrap gifts in coloured tissue paper and place inside a round gift box.
2. Layer the top with brightly coloured paper doilies and finish with a bow in a contrasting colour.
2. Wrap up a little something for each ‘day’ – a decoration for the tree, some spring bulbs to plant in the garden; or a healthy treat perhaps – and put them inside the bags.
3. Use pegs to pin the bags along a length of string or ribbon and hang in a convenient spot in the living room.
1. Draw a christmassy shape onto a piece of card and cut it out.
2. Using a selection of glitter colours, put each shade into a shallow bowl.
3. Cover one side of a snowflake in glue and press into the glitter. Repeat on the second side.
4. Punch a hole in the top of the decoration when dry, then thread pretty ribbon through and hang them on the tree.
1. Cut out two snowman shapes – complete with hat – from a piece of white felt. Stitch the shapes together with blanket stitch, leaving the top open for stuffing.
2. Stuff with fabric scraps and sew up. Cut out a hat shape in red felt and stitch it on over the white hat shape on the snowman’s head. Add felt stripes to his hat and sew or stick on a face, buttons, scarf and pompom.