before i dive right into the tutorial, i just want to say to you guys that this is a totally awesome thing to be able to make, and its pretty useful aswell! 🙂 love yas
1. Tear out 6 magazine pages. Cut off the ragged edge on each, then cut each page in half lengthwise. I stacked them and cut them all at once with an X-acto knife and ruler. (To make a coaster with a finer weave, cut each of the half-page strips in half lengthwise again. And note that weaving will take you twice as long!)
2. Fold each strip in half lengthwise. Then fold the resulting piece in thirds, folding the cut edges inward first so they’re hidden inside. Now you have a long, thick strip. Fold it in half at the center. See steps pictured above. Repeat with each magazine sheet.
3. To start weaving, interlock two strips. This is the bottom left corner of your coaster.
4. Add another strip that wraps around the outside of the horizontal bottom strip.
5. Continue weaving. Some strips will wrap around the outside of the coaster when you start them; some will begin sandwiched between two existing strips. See above. Keep adding to your coaster one strip at a time, making sure to push the papers tightly together. Flip your coaster over and check the back frequently to make sure nothing’s going haywire back there!
6. When the coaster has 6 horizontal and 6 vertical strips, it’s time to finish the edges. Strips that emerge on the outsides of the “coaster sandwich” need to be secured. Trim off one end of the strip so it’s even with the edge of the coaster. Bring the other end around the edge of the coaster and tuck it under the closest weave to hide the raw ends. You should have just enough length to reach.
7. Strips that emerge from the inside of the sandwich can simply be cut off. If you want to seal your coaster with something, you could try somespray acrylic sealer and see what happens. Personally, I don’t care if mine gets a little wrinkly from being wet. Happy weaving.
So i was browsing polyvore, when this caught my attention: isn’t the nail art complete genius? and that makeup… i just could not resist the urge to pop it on here! And i’m sure you are dead glad that i did!
random things to ask me about:
- house group
- Malawi day
i have alot to say. so i am going to number it! 🙂 the main things have already been briefly identified on the title, which if you are dumb-ass and dont know what a title is, its that thing above me with the big writing. just go ask your mum.
- so we all have that pile of old magazines that we don’t want to chuck out but don’t ever plan on re-reading. well, i know i do! So i went on google on a quest to find some things to do with my magazines! Over the next four days (i am off school) i am going to be writing some DIY WITH OLD MAGAZINES for you guys!
- vlogging. video logging? NO- its video blogging! 🙂 so i have finally decided to start my very own video blog!!!! its basically just going to be a random topic every week or so!
- not being on fire. hmmm what could i possibly mean by that??? my favorite vlogger; danisnotonfire. if you haven’t heard of him, then shame on you. Please just search him up on youtube and do yourself a massive favor 🙂 you will never be able to look at a banana in the same way, and trust me this is a good thing.
- eeek! I’m getting exams in two months!!! so if you thought i was slowing down on my blogging, in two months my blogging will either erupt (me trying to get out of studying) or it will be non-existant (me actually trying to study, but probably failing)
- i’m getting a new phone next month! YAAAY!!! so that means that either i will be able to get a wordpress app on it and be able to blog much much more, OR i will not get a wordpress app, but will be so hooked up on my new phone that i cant be arsed to use my computer for wordpress
- sorry guys!
so thats the announcements out of the way… a few random things to ask me about:
- flying in p.e.
- eyebrow pencil fail
- tumblr obsessions
- the hobbit
yeah… btw, the *a fe random things to ask me about* is going to be appearing in most of my blogs now, as i think this is a great way for me to let you ask me stuff without giving too much away! Just pop a comment down there, asking about any of the bulletpoints, and i will create a blog about them! (i promise) 🙂 love you all soo much xxxx
so i was skimming the internet and found these… i dont have any tutorials (SORRY) but if you want, just post a comment and i will pop on a tutorial along with the DIY display of your choice! 🙂